Like any other form of exercise, sufficient warmup and stretching is mandatory before and after having a game of golf and keep the muscles in condition. If you hurt your own self while playing, stop immediately and apply ice relating to the area. Continuing to play leads to more harm. It is advisable first of all the most reliable HEMP (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) method to treatment to relieve pain. Other possible treatments for the speedy recovery include pain relievers, absolute other injured area, physical treatments, ultrasound and surgery within worst cases. Some quick tips about rehabilitation:
- It is important to consult a Physical Therapist, one who specializes in golf and related injuries.
- Change of equipment from a heavier to a lighter one, will decrease the weight of the club and thereby reduce the stress.
- Developing strong core muscles will engage the larger muscle groups and enable the body to help swing the club.
Golf Wrist Injuries and how to prevent them.
Wrist injuries can occur but not just in the beginners and in the professional golfers so much that wrist has become the subject of discussion among golf enthusiasts. Golf injuries of the wrist are rare, but when they do occur they can be devastatingly similar to that of frozen wrists in those who work for long hours on the pc. The pain is excruciating and may also cripple your hand movement or even given timely attention. Just in case a back spasm, it can be still possible to play with a corset brace. In case connected with an ankle sprain, it continues to possible to take the cart practically as many as the ball and enjoy. In case of an elbow injury, it continues to possible to swing this club and hit the ball. Whereas, incase associated with a wrist injury, it is solely not possible to pick the club. Even if some sort of injured golfer picks that swing it, his fear will steer clear of him from going further and he'll flinch or drop the club. Wrist pain can be quite disabling and can make the game of golf impossible.
The two major categories of injuries of the arm in golfers are:
- Tendonitis (inflammation in the tendon). Due to overuse for the wrist flexor muscles the tendons get stretched out causing chronic pain, tenderness and inability to go the wrist. Apart because of age, bad golf mechanics or inadequate strength as well as a wrong grip, too much stress in the collagen fibers of the tendons across the wrist causes a micro-rupture in the fibers
- Ulnar-Carpal (wrist) joint problems. The strain arising out of over swinging of that club can tear or even over-stretch the ulnar (outside) ligament causing pain. As long for the reason that wrist is locked at the time you hold a club, it doesn’t hurt but as soon as you swing the club, this pain arises.
How do wrist injuries occur and how to keep them at bay while playing golf?
- Over swinging: of the club and exerting your wrists to its maximum capacity.
- Casting the club: In an attempt to get more power and distance, there is a conscious attempt to hinge or cock the wrist this quick rolling has an impact on the forearm.
- Weak grip: Most beginners who have not developed adequate forearm power end up with a weak wrists or grip strength. This is because the tendons work harder to keep the wrist steady during the swing.